Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jump Rope to Start

Every Ontario student from the 80's and 90's remembers the Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser event. One day each spring, students would spend the day outside, skipping rope and raising funds that had been pledged to them by their begrudging relatives. It was a day to remember for one of two reasons: either you liked skipping and looked forward to the occasion, or you couldn't manage to keep the rope from whacking you in the back of the head and you passed the time wishing you could play floor hockey instead.

All I'm going to say is, I loved floor hockey.

Anyway, flash forward twenty years and take a good look at a guy who learned who to skip. And yesterday, I skipped the rubber out of that rope. Nobody had pledged money for charity on my behalf, but I still feel like I accomplished something. So I'm going to go ahead and give myself a commemorative t-shirt all the same.

1 comment:

  1. I started skipping on Saturday, and shit is it hard. The breathing is way tougher than the "skipping"...

    ReplyDelete