Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Choo-Choo-Choose You

Dr. Donald A. Chu, Ph.D - you're my guy.

With so many different experts and pseudo-experts in the field of mainstream physical fitness claiming to have the cure for whatever ails, it's hard to feel like something other than a consumer. As a result, I've always been unable to pursue any particular method, approach, work-out etc. for very long; consumer cravings are so fleeting, after all, and I typically lose interest and/or determination in favour of another product: movies, books, music, food...

My fitness level has always been in an acceptable range so I've never been motivated by fear or necessity to hire a personal trainer or seek the help of a medical professional. But after 3.7 seconds of Google searching, I've realized that the time has come to kneel at the altar of modern medicine.

Dr. Chu and his helpful website is going to make sure that I get off on the right foot. Seems there's a simple set of exercises which will indicate what course of training I should follow. Plyometric training may help me on my quest, or I may need to pursue more traditional leg strength training in order to increase my leap.

On the other hand, I may just need a good strong dose of Simspon and Son's Revitalizing Tonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment