Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Monthiversary

As work responsibilities have picked up recently, the frequency of my reflections has waned. But now that I've cleared a big, spicy meat-a-ball from my work plate, I can take a moment to congratulate myself for a month of consistency and focus (relatively speaking).

A friend of mine has taught me to believe in the wisdom of starting as you mean to go on. So, this first month bodes well. Nothing fancy, no soaring heights, just a solid foundation.

Looking ahead to February, always one of my least favourite months, I've decided I need some extra motivation. For the next 28 days, I will focus my energies towards emulating this guy
in the hope that I can duplicate his surfer/physicist...thing. His lifestyle, as documented by the aforementioned quasi-journalistic mash note, represents the ultimate mixture of highfalutin intellectual ambition and high-level athletic drive.

To re-cap:
  • Month one - establish goal
  • Month two - establish role model
In other news, I've become the world's thirty-ninth best skipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment