Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's Gotta Be...

Shoe manufacturers must realize how dedicated we are to our dreams.

Each trip to the store is like the first day of school, filled with the promise of new opportunity. Relentless in our willingness to purchase hope one pair of sneakers at a time, we pay ridiculous prices in the pursuit of athletic greatness. If only today's kicks were as inexpensive as the neon coloured candy from which designers clearly draw their inspiration.

Alas I could not afford the new Kobe's, which as the salesman instructed me, weigh approximately 1.2 butterfly eyelashes. Instead I purchased the pedal equivalent of beige slacks. I would have floated to the ceiling like Willy freaking Wonka in those Kobe's though.

I guess I'll have to earn the dunk the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment