Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Every Step You Take

Now that I have a goal, opportunities for progress are beginning to appear in ordinary situations. It’s a mixed blessing because it means that my goal is more attainable than I realized, but only if I can recognize the relevant moments and take advantage of them as they occur. I’m actually surprised to realize that I can make headway on a regular basis without having to isolate this singular interest from all the other facets of my life. At least, not as much I thought I had to.

So, today I went to a large downtown movie theatre. The ticket counter is on the ground floor and the screening rooms are on the second floor, with the two levels connected by one very large escalator. Customers also have the option of climbing up the 70 steps, but who would do that right? Nobody, unless, you know, you were someone who wanted to develop calf strength.

I recognized the blunder pretty quickly but it was too late, I was already committed.

Sometimes irony is so obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment