Wednesday, March 31, 2010

That Michael Jordan is so Phony


Dunking off a trampoline yesterday afternoon, again and again until my legs were sore, was a terrific experience.



Of course, it's fun just to play and be silly - but after a while, I forgot the tramp was even there. Throwing down on the rim began to feel authentic. Hell, even the pictures look convincing.

It reminded me of rainy days at Canada's Wonderland; with nobody else in line, I could hop off the roller coaster, run around to the entrance and catch the next ride. The experience wasn't entirely similar though. Those few seconds that I spent in the air disappeared pretty quickly, while the non-stop rides at Wonderland felt endless.

Is it ridiculous then, to strive for something so momentary. It does seem like more of a mirage, but perhaps it's a necessary one: it can be hot and tiresome in the desert, and you don't want to stop for too long under the sun. If I need something for motivation, however fleeting, then it's worthwhile.

But I digress. After all, a picture does say a thousand words:

No comments:

Post a Comment