Sunday, March 21, 2010

40-39

There's so much to say about the last two days, I don't know where to start.

I could cut to the chase and describe the final moments before and after victory. But I've already replayed those seconds in my mind. And I know the memory will survive, vivid and intense, for a long time.

I could salvage those little, isolated moments instead, sharp and profound revelations at the time.

I try, but I can't find the words to revive them. The body rejects the transplant.

So now I'm staring at the screen, waiting for some other set of words to flow naturally from my brain into my fingertips, letters that will repair and protect these experiences and emotions.

But then it hit me. I was wrong about something. It's not that I don't know where to start - I just didn't realize that it was time to finish.

Congratulations to all the competitors, coaches and parents. Sport was played, fun was had. Balls were thrown through hoops.

It's raining outside my apartment and time to get ready for dinner. Work tomorrow.

Frankfurt on Friday; Croatia next Wednesday; Barcelona after that.

Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment