Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fitness Club Med

After 10 hours of travel, I'll forgive myself for the vague and uninspired pun. And pledge to achieve a higher standard of pun upon due rest. For now though, I'll be happy to get a few thoughts on virtual paper before I sleep:

- I did manage to maintain an exercise regimen, though one afternoon of airport/airplane food has me feeling as fit as a Sopranos extra.

- I have entered my fitness danger-zone, wherein I expect every push-up and stomach crunch to yield instantaneous and noticeable results; and in order to validate this expectation, I have begun to search for my image in any remotely reflective surface.

- In an unrelated note, I purchased Men's Health to read on the airplane.

- Running is infinitely more enjoyable in fine weather amidst beautiful scenery, which I re-discovered on Wednesday, with the Mediterranean sparkling all around me and the iPod shuffle throwing a no-hitter

- Running is desperately unpleasant when your wardrobe malfunctions and everything gets all "rubby", which I re-discovered on Thursday (the sparkling Mediterranean was completely irrelevant, proving yet again that you've got nothing if you don't have your health).

- It's entirely possible to lose your sense of balance in pursuit of physical fitness and overall good health; watching it in others falls somewhere between cloying and sad.

- You are what you eat; in addition to some excellent med-style food, I tried eating Rabbit for the first time on Friday. The verdict: nobody likes hearing about cute little bunny rabbits for dinner. All the same, delicious.

- I could definitely play center for the Maltese national basketball team, dunk or no dunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment